Monday, August 28, 2006

Herpetic Stomatatis

That would my son's current issue. In case you are wondering what that all entails, I will fill you in. It is the Herpes virus (not anything sexual although I had to work surprisingly hard to convinve my mother of that - She is so weird). It is accompanied by a high fever, blisters in the mouth, sore and swollen gums that bleed easily, and sore throat. He has just really had a crummy week.

Long story short, we are in isolation. Apparantly this virus is really contagious and it doesn't just affect kids so we can't really go anywhere or do anything.

I get to go to the Dr tomorrow at least. Hopefully, I will have some really good ultrasound pictures for you all.

1 comment:

hejlyeah said...

Um, hi there, but this is so weird. Cooper had herpangina, which is in the throat only apparently (for him anyway) all weekend and last week. Weird. He was around little Watterson, so I had to warn her. Where the heck does this stuff come from?

Glad all is well -
other Sara