Thursday, December 04, 2008

I should probably update.

Never, ever say that you can't believe that your baby hasn't had an ear infection yet. Never. Because they will get an ear infection about 20 minutes later. And you'll be out of state. That will result in an Urgent Care visit where the co-pay is $40 instead of $20. Then the nurse will ask if you dropped your baby and could that be the reason that she won't stop crying. When you tell her that dropping the baby would be an important piece of information that you probably wouldn't forget, she will then ask if she has older siblings that could hurt her. This will go on for a long time while they examine your baby for broken bones and they will eventually conclude that she does, in fact, have the ear infection that you told them you suspected in the first place. So, really, don't ever say that you can't believe that your baby hasn't had an ear infection yet.

Bryce is now saying that his ear hurts. Josh is out of town on business. I think that I am ready to take my week-long business trip where I hang out and go to dinner with my friends while my spouse stays at home with the kids with ear infections. Sign.Me.Up.

No comments: