Saturday, March 05, 2005

Not-so Contented Life

Ever have one of those days that sucked the sickest suck that ever sucked? That was my today. Well, it was actually my 10 pm - right now. What is worse is that this thing that has me so upset that I can't sleep, so upset that I actually cleaned my kitchen at 11 pm, is really not that big of a deal. You know when you feel really insecure about something and someone does something that feeds that insecurity? That is what happened and it has really hurt me. I knew I was doing a lot - the mom thing, the wife thing, the employee, the friend (all though not a very good one, generally), the daughter, etc. But I didn't feel like I was doing it very well. Well, apparently I wasn't. Oh well.

On a lighter note - no more cry it out. I couldn't handle it. More importantly, The Boy couldn't handle it. We are back to our fun-lovin', co-sleeping selves. My family is in town this weekend. It is so nice to see them. The Engineer's family will be here in a couple of weeks. It will be great to see them again too. It has been a while and the boy has really changed since they saw him last. It will be a lot of fun to watch them interact.

Well, gotta go. There's a whole house waiting to be cleaned.

No comments: